- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism offers a wide variety of researched based information regarding alcohol use to educate both the addict and their caregivers, as well as, will direct individuals in need to support and treatment services in your area.
- The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration – (SAMHSA) mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse‘s mission is to lead the Nation in bringing the power of science to bear on drug abuse and addiction.
- National Institute of Mental Health – mission is to transform the understanding and treatment of mental illnesses through basic and clinical research, paving the way for prevention, recovery, and cure.
- American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry – mission is to promote high quality evidence-based screening, assessment and treatment for substance use and co-occurring mental disorders. AAAP supports education, prevention and promotes research.
- American Psychological Association – mission is to advance the creation, communication and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and improve people’s lives.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine is a professional society representing close to 3,000 physicians dedicated to increasing access and improving quality of addiction treatment, educating physicians and the public, supporting research and prevention, and promoting the appropriate role of physicians in the care of patients with addictions.
- NAADAC – The Association for Addiction Professionals Mission is to lead, unify and empower addiction focused professionals to achieve excellence through education, advocacy, knowledge, standards of practice, ethics, professional development and research. NAADAC is the premier global organization of addiction focused professionals who enhance the health and recovery of individuals, families and communities.
- United States Department of Health and Human Services is the United States government – principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs mission is to fulfill President Lincoln’s promise â€œTo care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphanâ€ by serving and honoring the men and women who are America – veterans.â€
- National Association of Social Workers Here you will be able to search for social works with backgrounds in assisting individuals with addiction to find the help needed to recover.
- AA – Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
- Moderation Management is a program designed to address the needs of beginning stage problem drinkers.
- Secular Organizations for Sobriety provides a successful and increasingly popular non-religious alternative to “Twelve Step” recovery programs.
- Smart Recovery 4-Point ProgramÂ® helps people recover from all types of addiction and addictive behaviors, including: drug abuse, drug addiction, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction, prescription drug abuse, and problem addiction to other substances and activities. SMART Recovery sponsors face-to-face meetings around the world, and daily online meetings. In addition, our online message board and 24/7 chat room are excellent forums to learn about SMART Recovery and obtain addiction recovery support.
- Women For Sobriety is an organization whose purpose is to help all women find their individual path to recovery through discovery of self, gained by sharing experiences, hopes and encouragement with other women in similar circumstances.Â WFS is an abstinence-based self-help program for women facing issues of alcohol or drug addiction.
- Al-Anon/Alateen works to help family and friends recover from the effects of someone else – drinking through a variety of literature and support group meetings where Alâ€‘Anon members share their insights and experiences with each other.
- Adult Children of Alcoholics is an anonymous Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition program of women and men who grew up in an alcoholic or otherwise dysfunctional homes.
- Here To Help is a project of the BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information. Here to Help is a group of seven leading mental health and addictions nonprofit agencies that work together to help people better prevent and manage mental health and substance use problems.
- Suite 101 is a collaborative publishing community that – been active on the web since 1997. Suite 101 is a diverse network of community-driven channels that is built by people who thrive on sharing knowledge, opinions, and experiences.
- Rethinking Drinking is a website and booklet have been produced by NIAAA to educate alcohol abusers along with medical practitioners in the effects of alcohol.
- Alcohol Screening helps individuals assess their own alcohol consumption patterns to determine if their drinking is likely to be harming their health or increasing their risk for future harm. Through education and referral, the site urges those whose drinking is harmful or hazardous to take positive action, and informs all adults who consume alcohol about guidelines and caveats for lower-risk drinking.
- Drug Free.org offers education and support to parents and medical professions for teens and young adults who need addiction treatment.
- Gay City provides education services to the LGBT community, as well as, offers great resources to individuals in finding general help with their Chemical Dependency needs.
- Web MD produces content written by individuals with expertise in certain medicine. Offers a wide variety of educational content regarding alcohol and drug use and addictions.
- Help Guide explores a variety of mental health issues including addiction and abuse. Help Guide provides education and adequate resources to individuals in need.
- Mayo Clinic offers education and treatment to individuals with substance abuse problems and addictions.
- International Center of Alcohol Policies mission is to promote understanding of the role of alcohol in society and help reduce the abuse of alcohol worldwide. To encourage dialogue and pursue partnerships involving the beverage alcohol industry, governments, the public health community, and others interested in alcohol policy.
- National Association of Addiction Treatment Providers (NAATP) “Our association is dedicated to raising public awareness of addiction as a treatable disease; to promoting the very highest standards of addiction treatment; to securing adequate reimbursement for treatment programs; and to member education.”
- National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Committed to increasing awareness of alcohol and drug abuse and enhancing care of individuals through treatment, education and prevention programs.
- National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors (NASADAD) is a private, not-for-profit educational, scientific, and informational organization. NASADAD – basic purpose is to foster and support the development of effective alcohol and other drug abuse prevention and treatment programs throughout every State.
- Sober Recovery offers education and inspiration to individuals with addiction to begin healthy living. Sober Recovery connects individuals with treatment facilities throughout the Nation.
- National Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Information Center maintains a state-of-the-art national database of the leading alcohol rehab treatment and drug rehab treatment centers in the US and around the world for every level of treatment option from affordable to luxury.
- Project Know offers education as well as resources to individuals with addictions.
- Mobility International USA – mission is to empower people with disabilities to achieve their human rights through international exchange and international development
- Rehab Info offers education, support and resources to individuals with addictions, as well as to the family and friends of addicts.
- Womens Health – mission is to provide leadership to promote health equity for women and girls through sex/gender-specific approaches. OWH achieves its mission and vision by developing innovative programs, educating health professionals, and motivating behavior change in consumers through the dissemination of health information.
- The Alcoholism Guide offers help to alcoholics through education and putting them in contact with treatment facilities throughout the Nation.
- National Substance Abuse Index provides a centralized, comprehensive, and easy-to-use directory for the full spectrum of resources related to dealing with alcoholism and drug addiction
- Treatment Solutions offers individuals with a place to begin their recovery with support, care and education on their addiction.
- Rehab Programs is a community service provider with an objective of finding the right rehab program for those suffering from drug and alcohol addictions. With over 20 years in the substance abuse field, Rehab Programs understand the needs of people and their families. This website was created to help the general public find the correct program to fit their needs, or the needs of a loved one.
- Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator is sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The locator is used to find alcohol and drug abuse treatment or mental health treatment facilities and programs around the country.
- Med Help site connects people with the leading medical experts and others who have similar experiences.
- Choose Help provides reliable information and access to quality treatment to those that need help with an addiction or mental health concern.
- Quit Alcohol is an initiative with the Alcohol Abuse Counsel and a trained group of volunteers.
- Stop Addiction offers educational services regarding addictions, as well as helping individuals with addiction to find treatment.
- Military Pathways goal is to help military men and women who may be struggling with mental health issues such as addictions.
- Way 2 Hope provides online help, solutions, support, community and resources for life problems.
- PATH services are for people with serious mental illness, including those with co-occurring substance use disorders, who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of becoming homeless. PATH services include community-based outreach, mental health, substance abuse, case management and other support services, as well as a limited set of housing services.
- Withdrawal.org – Helps with education and prevention of substance abuse and alcoholism addictions.
Resources for Quitting Drinking
Start exploring addiction rehabs
We are dedicated to being your trusted source for help finding substance abuse treatment.
Request a Call
- OR -
Make a Call
Our helpline is 100%
free & confidential.
If you or your loved one are suffering from a drug or alcohol addiction, we can guide you through your options for recovery. Don’t try to go at it alone—reach out for support.
Will my insurance cover addiction treatment?
QuitAlcohol.com is not affiliated with any insurance.