Massachusetts Rehabs for Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services [Alcohol and Drug Detox]
Massachusetts, the Bay State, holds a rich part of American History. The Mayflower, the Boston Tea Party, and many other historical events gave us what we have today. This includes the many state-of-the-art drug and alcohol addiction treatment centers and programs available to help those suffering from drug and alcohol addictions.
Massachusetts is home to some of the best rehabs in the country. From alcohol and drug detox services to mental health treatment options, there are a variety of options available for those looking to get help with addiction and mental health issues.
For those seeking substance addiction services, we have put together the top 5 best addiction treatment centers in the bay state based on success rates, price, programs offered, facilities, quality of services, and many other factors to give you the most up-to-date information.
1. Haven Medical Group
Primary Treatment: Alcoholism Primary, Substance Abuse Secondary.
Facility Size: Small (16 – 28 beds)
Insurance Accepted: Yes, all major policies accepted
Haven Medical Group is located in Concord and Ayer. The facility’s mission is to meet each patient’s individual recovery needs. Regardless of if the patient has an addiction to alcohol or opiates, Heaven’s clinical team tailors each addiction treatment plan to meet the patient’s individual needs.
This rehab center offers an Opioid Dependence program that offers the choice of either suboxone or Vivitrol for addiction to heroin or prescription drugs when used in combination with counseling, this treatment model has the best outcomes. The Alcohol Dependence program at Haven provides a medically supervised process of assisting patients safely going through alcohol withdrawal. After the outpatient alcohol detox is complete, patients have the choice of receiving medication to coincide with counseling.
Address: 86 Baker Avenue Extension, Suite 308, Concord, MA 01742
- Primary Treatment: Alcoholism Primary, Substance Abuse Secondary.
- Facility Size: Small (16 – 28 beds)
- Health Insurance Accepted: Yes, all major private policies accepted
2. Spectrum Health Systems, Inc.
Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization that has helped thousands of individuals overcome drug and alcohol addiction and reclaim their lives. For over 50 years, Spectrum has shown its dedication to improving the lives of individuals impacted by addiction and/or mental health disorders.
Spectrum operates more than 140 programs in the community and institutional settings throughout Massachusetts, Georgia, Tennessee, and Virginia. These services include inpatient detoxification, residential rehabilitation, medication-assisted treatment, outpatient counseling, and peer recovery support. Spectrum also operates multiple residential programs for the Massachusetts Department of Youth Services and holds state contracts throughout the country to provide specialized programming for criminal offenders with histories of substance abuse.
Services are performed under contracts with a wide variety of private and public sector clients, including federal, state, and local governments, major insurance carriers, employee assistance programs, private corporations, philanthropies, and the United Way.
Address: 10 Mechanic St, Suite 302, Worchester, MA 01608
- Primary Treatment: Substance Abuse and Alcoholism
- Facility Size: Medium (30 – 60 beds)
- Health Insurance Accepted: Yes, all major policies accepted
3. North Charles Inc.
North Charles drug and alcohol rehab has provided high-quality behavioral healthcare services for over 35 years. They are a behavioral healthcare service provider with program locations in the cities of Cambridge and Somerville, Massachusetts. North Charles Outpatient Mental Health Clinic and Addiction services counseling center is just outside of Porter Square in Somerville.
North Charles Addiction Treatment Programs offer counseling and treatment for multiple substance abuse problems, including opiate dependence and many other alcohol and drug addiction addictions. The Mental Health Clinic offers treatment options for individuals suffering from various forms of mental illness.
North Charles believes that substance use disorders have biological, psychodynamic, socio-cultural, and behavioral components that must be addressed over the long term. Their drug and alcohol rehab program is designed to meet a client’s individual needs, with the ultimate goal of assisting the client in attaining and maintaining a drug and alcohol-free lifestyle.
All Substance abuse services at North Charles are provided with the support of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Public Health-Bureau of Substance Abuse Services. North Charles accepts payment for treatment services through self-payment, private insurance, Medicaid, Medicare, and other state and federal health programs.
Address: 54 Washburn Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02140
- Primary Treatment: Dual-Diagnosis, Addiction, Eating Disorders
- Facility Size: Large (72+ beds)
- Health Insurance Accepted: Yes, all major policies accepted
4. New England Recovery Center
Located in Westborough, the New England Recovery Center has treated visitors from all over the state, as well as other parts of the country.
The New England Recovery Center provides alcohol and drug addiction treatment in a variety of ways. Since each patient is different, the center’s medical team creates an individualized program for everybody who walks through the door. This approach is just one of the many reasons why the facility has a high success rate.
To learn about the payment options, such as accepted health insurance at this facility, call now.
Address: 153 Oak St, Westborough, MA 01581
FAQs: Rehabs in Massachusetts
By definition, a rehabilitation center is a place where a person addicted to drugs and other addictive substances goes to recover from addiction. Rehabilitation is the act of getting back the control of your life that you might have lost over the course of your addiction.
A rehabilitation center is a controlled environment that is operated by licensed doctors, exclusively therapists who study each patient individually and then give them treatment as per their individual cases. Rehabilitation centers work on the principle of providing patients with both mental and physical medical treatment. Their biggest focus revolves around rehabilitating patients back into society by helping them get rid of their addictions and get a hold of their actions. It helps patients improve their daily life and re-enter society as stable individuals.
Rehabilitation centers do not just cater to drug addicts but they also provide rehabilitation services to people suffering from some illness or injury. These can include problems such as chronic illnesses life-altering infections and any disabilities that can impact regular life.
Rehabilitation offers residence along with medical and psychiatric treatment to in-house patients. It removes patients from an atmosphere that is infested with drugs and other stimuli that may be the trigger for many of their problems. By providing residence to patients, rehabilitation centers provide these people with a new environment entirely that is free from all stimuli. This helps people get over their issues and cure themselves of their problems.
Our list of the best addiction rehabs in Massachusetts will offer you comprehensive services with your treatment. Their role is of great importance as it helps patients return to normalcy in their life. The drug rehab centers listed above have been providing quality and efficient addiction treatment and mental health services to the people of Massachusetts for quite some time.
Many people going into treatment centers do not know what to expect. It can be quite daunting going into rehab as you are already at a vulnerable stage in your life and could benefit from knowing what to expect. Once you know what is coming your way, you will be able to be mentally prepared and cope with the changes.
Generally, a treatment facility in Massachusetts will offer a 4 phase rehab process involving the following steps:
Phase 1: Initial assessment
Upon arrival at your chosen rehab facility for drug or alcohol addiction, you will go through a comprehensive assessment. This will help the medical team determine whether or not inpatient treatment is necessary and how they can best help you with your recovery journey. Taking a complete history before you start substance use treatment is important as it will help your doctors devise an individualized treatment plan that fits you and your needs perfectly. During this time, a treatment provider will determine whether or not your treatment plan should focus on substance use treatment alone or in combination with dual diagnosis treatment. Many rehab centers in Massachusetts emphasize the importance of simultaneously treating substance abuse issues alongside mental health concerns.
Phase 2: Medical detox
The second phase is when the pre-rehabilitation process starts. Many people experience severe withdrawal symptoms and those symptoms can worsen once they start rehabilitation as. Sometimes, these symptoms can be controlled by prescribing medicines. If the symptoms are unmanageable, doctors lean towards detoxification. Detoxification is offered at most rehab centers on our list of drug and alcohol rehabs in Massachusetts. Even during the medical detox process, patients can experience heightened withdrawal symptoms which is why doctors review your case specifically before you get started on the detoxification process. Detox centers in Massachusetts are some of the best in the country.
The detoxification depends on the drug or other substances you have been using over the course of your addiction. Your detoxification regimen depends solely on your own special case. It is not a one size fits all kind of treatment. For example, if you are struggling with a heroin addiction, treatment will consist of medications like methadone to help you wean off the drug and other therapies to address the underlying issues. However, if you are in need of alcohol detox, then treatment may include detoxification medicines like benzodiazepines or anticoagulants that can help you make it through this difficult process.
That said, the process of detoxification at most recovery centers often includes a number of care plans, such as medication management and psychological and physical therapies. These treatments help in treating the root cause of your addiction and eventually ridding your body of the toxins.
Phase 3: Therapy and Treatment
The third phase of the addiction treatment process is therapy and counseling. This is when actual treatment services start. At most drug and alcohol treatment centers in Mass, you are assigned a therapist to help you work through any underlying causes or triggers that have led to your addiction. This can include cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, individual, group, and family therapy, trauma resolution, and more.
This treatment can last up to a few weeks or months, depending on the severity of your situation. Massachusetts rehabs offer different treatment options, such as inpatient treatment/residential treatment, outpatient treatment, and a partial hospitalization program. Which addiction treatment option you participate in will depends on your case and what kind of treatment program is best fit for your unique situation.
Phase 4: Addiction Recovery
This is the last phase of the rehabilitation process at Massachusetts rehab centers. Once you are done with substance abuse treatment and mental health services, you stay in recovery all your life. In this phase, the rehab center will offer a private and convenient solution to help you in developing and implementing relapse prevention strategies so that you can stay sober for life.
This is basically the gist of what to expect when entering drug or alcohol rehabilitation centers in Massachusetts. The best part about these centers is that they focus not only on treating substance abuse and mental health issues but also on your overall well-being. The goal of these rehab centers is to get you back to a healthy, productive life and make sure that you stay sober in the long run.
Remember, every case is different, so it’s best to talk to an addiction counselor to get personalized advice on what kind of treatment might be best for you.
There are many different types of programs and services offered at a treatment center in Massachusetts. These can include:
Substance Use Programs
- Detoxification – detoxing the body of any substances it is dependent on
- Residential Treatment – residential treatment at a Massachusetts inpatient rehab facility with a team of therapists and counselors
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)–treatment that combines inpatient and outpatient services, providing care for up to seven hours per day
- Inpatient Outpatient Program (IOP)– treatment that is done in an outpatient setting, usually 3-5 days a week
- Outpatient Programs–outpatient programs offer treatment that does not require an individual to stay overnight within the treatment facility
- 12-Step Programs– programs designed to help individuals work through addiction-related issues, such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous.
Substance Use Services
- Aftercare Services– follow-up support and care to help maintain sobriety after attending a Massachusetts rehab center
- Support Groups– groups of people with similar experiences who can provide advice and support
- Individual Therapy– one-on-one sessions with a therapist to work on personal issues
- Group Therapy– group therapy sessions are designed to provide support from peers and allow members to share experiences
- Medication Management– medicinal treatment for addiction as well as psychiatric medications for mental health disorders.
- Holistic Therapy– holistic treatments, such as yoga, art therapy and mindfulness, to support an individual in their recovery journey.
- Education – educational classes on addiction treatment techniques and ways to cope with triggers and cravings.
- Relapse Prevention – strategies to help individuals identify potential relapse triggers and learn healthier coping skills.
- Medical Care – physical evaluations and medical monitoring to ensure the safety of the patient during treatment.
- Nutritional Counseling – nutritional therapy to promote better overall health.
- Employment Training – programs that offer assistance with career counseling and job placement.
- Life Skills Training – this includes activities such as budgeting, managing stress, and conflict resolution.
- Family Therapy – therapy geared towards helping families recover and heal from the effects of substance abuse.
- Socialization Opportunities – opportunities to participate in sober activities with other individuals in recovery.
- Recreation Therapy– activities such as sports, art, and music to help individuals build self-esteem and practice healthy coping skills.
- Vocational Training – assistance with job training, career development, and job placement services.
- Spiritual Guidance– counseling designed to provide comfort through faith-based guidance and support.
- Community Outreach Programs – programs designed to provide assistance and support to families and individuals in the community.
By taking part in these programs and services, you can gain a better understanding of addiction, develop healthier coping skills and behaviors, build a strong support system with peers and counselors, cultivate healthy relationships, learn how to stay on track with sobriety, and increase your overall quality of life.
By investing in yourself and taking the first steps toward recovery, you can start making progress toward a healthier, more fulfilling future today. Massachusetts offers a number of high-quality addiction treatment providers that offer comprehensive treatment services to individuals struggling with addiction. With the right help and support, you can start your journey to a better life. To learn more about treatment facilities and their offerings, call (877) 683-2684.
You can find different rehabs in Massachusetts for both drug and alcohol addictions. Both addictions have a different course of treatment that includes the days required for the complete treatment, the methods used, and even the recovery process is different for each case.
It is very important to start the treatment process with detoxification to get rid of alcohol from the patient’s system before treatment can start. Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can be quite adverse, so it is very important to lessen the withdrawal symptoms by removing alcohol from the patient’s body.
Rehab facilities often prescribe medication to ensure that the withdrawal symptoms are not severe. Later when the patient starts treatment, they participate in different kinds of behavioral therapy to ensure that they stay on track. Contact us to review the treatment plans offered at the facilities listed on our list of best alcohol rehab in Massachusetts.
We are certain that the best alcohol treatment facilities will surely focus on detoxification first.
Regarding drug addiction, the approach is quite different. Drug rehab centers in Massachusetts focus on a combination of medication and behavioral therapy to treat addiction and help the patient build healthier coping skills. Inpatient settings are often provided for drug abuse treatment as well because of the intense nature of withdrawal symptoms. Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is also often used in drug addiction and it is important to understand that the patient should be ready to go through a long-term process of recovery and rehabilitation. Treatment periods at drug rehab centers in Massachusetts can vary from several weeks to several months, depending on the individual’s needs and circumstances.
Get Help at a Rehab in Massachusetts
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction in Massachusetts, many resources are available to help. Rehab facilities and support networks can provide the guidance and assistance needed to get started on the road to recovery.
Use this guide as a starting point for finding quality treatment options in Massachusetts, and be sure to contact us for more detailed information about the facilities and their offerings, call (877) 683-2684. We are here to help you make the right decision when it comes to choosing an alcohol or drug rehab center in Massachusetts. Good luck with your recovery!
Rehabilitation at a treatment facility in Mass provides many benefits for those struggling with addiction. The primary goal of rehab is to help individuals achieve sobriety through detoxification and therapy. However, a recovery center also offers a number of additional advantages that can help individuals stay on the path of recovery.
Some of the key benefits of attending a recovery center include:
- Improved physical health: Detoxification from drugs or alcohol can reduce the risk of certain diseases and help improve overall physical well-being.
- Improved mental health: Therapy helps individuals develop skills for healthier coping with stress, emotions, and other triggers that can lead to addiction.
- Reduced cravings: Being in a supportive environment with access to therapy can reduce cravings and the urge to use substances.
- Improved relationships: Therapy can help individuals learn how to build better relationships and communicate more effectively with loved ones.
- Improved self-esteem: Developing a strong recovery plan helps people feel more confident in their ability to stay sober and live a fulfilling life.
Rehabilitation facilities provide a wide range of benefits to help individuals achieve long-term sobriety and can be an invaluable resource in lifelong recovery.