Many people this of an addict and picture a person with a needle in their arm, half passed out. Drug addiction does not mean you are addicted to hard core drugs like heroin, you may have developed an addiction to a prescription medication while taking it for a legitimate medication reason. Regardless to if your addiction if to an illicit drug or an prescription medication the addiction itself is the danger, require treatment to save your life.
Life Saving Treatment
In Kodiak, Alaska you can get the life saving treatment needed to help you work through all aspects of your addiction. From detoxification to overcome your physical addiction to therapy and counseling to help you get past your psychological addiction, each will be tailored to your individual recovery needs. This is because no two addiction are the same and you require your own individualized treatment to save your life.
Aspects To Your Treatment
- Detoxification will cleanse your body of the chemicals and toxins related to drug abuse
- Behavioral Modification Therapy will help you to recognize the dysfunctional behaviors, routines and thoughts associated with drug use.
- Individual counseling will give you one-on-one time with a chemical dependency specialist that will help you get to the root cause of your addiction and work through it.
- Group counseling allows you to share your experience with drugs and what has helped you stay sober with others in recovery, this will help you by sharing and help others by hearing your story.
- Family counseling will help you to mend broken relationships and develop a strong support system for when you return home.
- Chemical dependency education consists of multiple lectures to help you get a full understanding of you addiction to drugs, as well as help you to develop the key tools needed to maintain your sobriety.