Canada Drug and Alcohol RehabPublished on March 2nd, 2014
Do you live in Canada? Do you find yourself in need of drug and/or alcohol rehab? If so, you have a couple of options. You can opt for local treatment, or you can consider the benefits of traveling to the United States.
While some people don’t understand the benefits of US based treatment, those who have done this in the past are well aware of how it could work in their favor.
In short, drug and alcohol rehab centers in the United States have a longstanding reputation for providing high quality service. Along with this, the top facilities have an extremely high success rate.
This is not to say that all rehab centers in Canada fall short, however, seeking treatment in the United States can better your chance of getting your life back on track.
United States vs. Canada Rehab
As a Canadian resident, it is only natural to first consider treatment in your local area. That being said, you know that overcoming an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol can be a complex and challenging process.
Here are several advantages held by US based treatment facilities:
- More experience dealing with a variety of substance abuse problems, from alcohol to every type of drug
- Higher quality of medical care, which is extremely important for patients who require detoxification
- Larger selection of facilities, making it simple for each patient to choose the one that is best for their personal needs
Questions to Ask
If you are interested in traveling to the United States for substance abuse treatment, here are some questions to ask when speaking with a rehab center:
- Can you work with me to determine how I can pay for treatment, since I don’t have US based insurance?
- What is the process for visiting the US for treatment? Do I need a passport? Visa?
- How much experience do you have treating people from other countries, and are there any potential drawbacks I should be aware of?
All in all, the quality of substance abuse treatment is better in the United States than in Canada. Those who are seeking the best treatment should not be held back by where they live. Instead, they should be willing to travel to the US to secure top quality, effective treatment.
So how can we help you today?
Speak with Program Advisor
Call us anytime, 24/7/365 to speak with a residential program advisor. We can help you with everything from selecting a treatment center to finding help in your area.