Alcohol has been used throughout history. Most are able to control their drinking but others easily fall victim to its addictive effects. Regular drinking leads to a tolerance of alcohol, where the individual needs more alcohol to achieve the desired effects. As a tolerance sets in the individual will start to develop a dependency to alcohol, alcoholism. At which point withdrawal syndrome prevents them for quitting on their own.
For most who have developed alcoholism the idea of quitting drinking is overwhelming. Going at it alone often results in failure. Treating alcoholism often requires a rehab center to assist you through the withdrawal period to overcome your physical dependency and then to help you through the psychological aspects to your addiction with various counseling and therapy sessions.
When entering an alcoholism treatment center you will be assessed so that Doctors and staff can have a full understanding of your alcohol dependency and to develop an individualized treatment plan. Your treatment plan will hold various traditional treatment aspects such as:
- Detoxification to cleanse your body of the chemicals and toxins related to alcohol abuse.
- Pharmaceutical therapy, you will be given a prescription medication to ease symptoms of withdrawal and to control cravings for alcohol.
- Behavioral modification therapy to help you relearn how to live without alcohol
- Individual Counseling to hep you get to the cause of your addiction and work though it along with any other physiological issues you may have.
- Group counseling will help you to share your experiences with alcohol and what works for you in recovery to others. This is the helping method where you are helping yourself by helping others in their recovery
- Family counseling will help you mend broken relationships with friends and family. They will be able to express their hurt and what you have done wrong to them in your addiction, this will allow you both to heal.
- Chemical dependency education will educate you on all aspects of your addiction while teaching you key tools to maintain your sobriety.
So how can we help you today?
Speak with Program Advisor
Call us anytime, 24/7/365 to speak with a residential program advisor. We can help you with everything from selecting a treatment center to finding help in your area.