Are you worried that you have developed an addiction to alcohol? Are you concerned that you are drinking entirely too much and it is having a negative impact on your life? If you find yourself in this situation, there are a couple things you can do.
Rather than immediately visit a medical professional or contact a rehab center, you can take a self-test. This will give you a better idea of whether or not you are abusing alcohol. Once you know the answer, you can then formulate a plan for a better future.
Questions to Ask
Since no two people are the identical, the way you determine if you are addicted to alcohol may not be the same as the next person. However, there are questions you can ask and answer, as part of a self-test, to give yourself a clear idea.
Here are 10 questions to start with:
1. Do you drink heavily when you are disappointed about a certain aspect of your life?
2. Do you often times feel uncomfortable if alcohol is not available to you?
3. Can you drink more now than when you first started?
4. When drinking with others, do you always end up consuming more?
5. Have you been unable to remember a drinking binge because you consumed too much?
6. Do you ever feel guilty about your drinking?
7. Do you find yourself craving alcohol during the early morning hours?
8. Are you in a hurry to have your first drink of the day?
9. Do you ever want to continue drinking after those around you have stopped?
10. Have you ever been charged with driving under the influence?
If you answered yes to many of these questions, there is a good chance you have a problem. At this point, it is essential to devise a plan for beating your alcohol addiction in the near future.