Help Quitting DrinkingPublished on November 9th, 2012
With millions of people throughout the world fighting on going battles with alcohol there is a clear need for treatment programs to help them in their goal to quitting drinking. While it is possible to quit on your own you are not alone and there are many treatment programs designed to meet your specific recovery needs. With various types of treatment facilities offering different services to meet a wide variety of clients needs you too can find a treatment facility and program to help you quit drinking in a safe and healthy way.
Finding The Treatment You Need
No two addictions are the same so no two individuals recovery needs will be the same. While there are general aspects to the recovery process used in healing the physical, mental and emotional effects of alcohol abuse that are similar for most clients, there still are various recovery techniques set to meet their individual needs.
Types of Treatment Facilities
- Government Owned
- Privately Owned
- Long Term
- Short Term
- Faith-based Treatment
- Holistic Healing Approach
- Gender Specific
- LGBT Specific
- Dual Diagnosis
There are many different alcohol rehab centers throughout the country offering these treatment services to individuals like yourself. Contacting a treatment facility today can help you to get an outlook on the services they offer and they type of treatment they will offer. Finding a treatment facility to meet your individual needs is important to ensure your success in sobriety.
Common Aspects to the Treatment Process
While all clients are treated as individuals there are common aspects to the treatment process that you will go through including:
- Detoxification cleanses the body of the chemicals and toxins related to alcohol abuse. This is done during the withdrawal period and can be uncomfortable at times.
- Medical detox allows you to receive a non addictive prescription medication under the supervision of a Doctor. This will allow you to work through the physical aspect to your addiction in a more comfortable way.
- Rapid detox is used for individuals with severe addictions that pose serious health risks. In a hospitalâ€™s ICU you will be put into a medically induced coma during the withdrawal period. Doctors and other medical staff will carefully monitor your condition Â to ensure their safety.
- Natural detox is the process of cleansing your body in a natural way with no medical intervention. The clients health and mental status will be monitored to ensure safety. Staff will offer reassurance that way they are experiencing soon will pass and offering other techniques to help deal with cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Behavioral Modification Therapy will help you to change your behaviors and to encourage healthy living choices. You will learn key tools needed to maintain your sobriety and different strategic approaches to avoid temptation, work through cravings and other obstacles you may come across in your recovery.
- Counseling with a trained chemical dependency specialist will help you to work through the mental and emotional aspects to your drinking problem.
- Individual counseling offers you a one on one environment to work through your addiction. Here you will be able to get to the cause of your addiction and work through it along with any other mental and/or emotional effects of your addiction.
- Group counseling allows you to work with other individuals suffering from an alcohol abuse problem. You will be able to share your journey to recovery and help others along theirs.
- Family counseling will help you to mend broken relationships with friends and family members. You will be able to redevelop lines of communication and develop a helpful support system when leaving the treatment facility.
- Chemical Dependency Education is important to help you see the effects of alcohol on your life and health. Just as we learn in grade school, â€œKnowledge is powerâ€.
While many treatment facilities will use their own unique approach to the healing process you will more than likely go through a variety of these treatment techniques when working through your recovery.
Get The Help You Need Today
Are you ready to admit you have a problem and announce to the world that you need help? Getting the help needed to successfully quit drinking is a simple phone call away. You can contact a treatment facility in your area, or even out of state, to start working on your goal of long term sobriety.
So how can we help you today?
Speak with Program Advisor
Call us anytime, 24/7/365 to speak with a residential program advisor. We can help you with everything from selecting a treatment center to finding help in your area.